Thursday, March 6, 2014

Salmiakki ice-cream (Fazer)

To spice up the blog, I decided to add another topic: "cool goodies". These are interesting and new (at least for me) products that I have found in Estonian groceries. If something interesting, weird, tasty or addictive comes around I would definitely add the product under this topic to recommend it.

The first entry would be about SALMIAKKI ice-cream (Fazer). Weirdly addictive sweet (or should I say salty) ice-cream. Imported of course from Finland, the country of Salmiakki lovers. As I have adored salmiakki / lakrits since I was a child I really needed to try it out. In Estonia the Salmiakki ice- cream is sold only in Prisma supermarket it cost around 1.50 EUR. And it is worth every penny!

Sold only in Prisma supermarkets. Costs 1.50 EUR
The first impression was absolutely bizarre. It had a cold, sweet and salty salmiakki taste, very different from regular ice-cream. It has a black and crunchy intensive salmiakki glaze and inside a gray salmiakki ice-cream (extremely unusual color for a food). While eating it I had a bit uncanny feeling about the taste. I loved it but at the same time the experience was extremely weird. Later, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I had to try it one more time (starting to sound like an addict)...

God bless Finnland for making such a uncannily nice product!
Now I can say that it is one of my new favorites. It has quite strong taste so one quantity is more than enough. Highly recommended to salmiakki lover! You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment